Monday 7 February 2011

Ready

This is the 3rd or 4th reboot of this thing.
I always end up writing really personal stuff that I don't really want to hold up to the light after six months (or whatever) have passed. Like it was all about relationships now, and the angst they inevitably bring. It seemed pertinent to write about it at the time, but it is not so anymore.

The thing is, my personal issues was all there ever was to write about in this kind of format. I'm not sure if I find that as pathetic as I'm supposed to. I mean, everybody vents, and everybody wants a bit of attention now and then. "Find this, read this, and let it touch you." You know, let's communicate like we're fucking satellites. Something like that.

Well it's not like that's all there ever was. I think I used to write about music. The wonder of it. That thrill you feel when you discover a new band that you know is going to define the next six months. The soundtrack to the next few fragments of our lives. I think I'd like to get back to that. I'm old now though, not ancient or anything, but old enough for that thrill to be a rarer thing than it used to be.

I envy my brother in that regard. He's like a spider in the web of spotify and finds new shit on a daily basis it seems. I think my last find that redefined parts of myself must have been The National. Funny thing is that the first post of the first iteration of this thing had a post bemoaning that I just discovered The National like a month after they played Dublin.

So yeah. Hi, this is me. Again.
I go by a few names. Inz on all the pertinent places online. Apparently it's not a terribly original moniker so I find that it's been taken already on twitter, tumblr, you name it. So yeah, I'm Inzx now apparently. I wish it was more clever, but that's what I could think of. It makes me think of my original self with sex and insects added. I guess there are worse things in life.

I don't want to call this a blog by the way.
I was blogging before that idiotic name was dreamed up. I called my online presence The Journal™. It was an integral part of my website. Yeah. All my friends had personal websites. I don't think this is done so much now. There are too many services that lets you share your creations or thoughts or whatever. It was an interesting time though. I don't know what this thing is going to be for. Obviously I haven't had much luck with it so far as I keep clearing it and starting over. I suppose I should just make a conscious effort to grow out of the familiar groove. I mean, people my age don't blog about their personal spheres and feelings so much. It seems to be all about coffee and flowers.

No comments: